Achieve Your Peak Performance
Cognitive performance, business performance, sport performance and personal development all require focus and emotional balance. The aim for neurofeedback in this type of training is to teach the brain to function more efficiently, improving both mental functioning and emotional stability. Very similar to physical training, brain training (neurofeedback) is used to strengthen specific brain patterns and heighten overall system performance. Outstanding performers in all types of fields are taking advantage of neurofeedback training to reach their peak goals.
- Arns, M., Kleinnijenhuis, M., Fallahpour, K., & Bretler, R. (2007). Golf performance enhancement and real-life neurofeedback training using personalized event-locked EEG profiles. Journal of Neurotherapy, 11(4), 11–18.
- Boynton, T. (2001). Applied research using alpha/theta training for enhancing creativity and well-being. Journal of Neurotherapy, 5(1–2), 5–18.
- Egner, T., & Gruzelier, J. H. (2003). Ecological validity of neurofeedback: Modulation of slow wave EEG enhances musical performance. NeuroReport, 14(9), 1221–1224.
- Gruzelier, J., Egner, T., & Vernon, D. (2006). Validating the efficacy of neurofeedback for optimising performance. Progress in Brain Research, 159, 421–431.
- Gruzelier, J. (2009). A theory of alpha/theta neurofeedback, creative performance enhancement, long distance functional connectivity and psychological integration. Cognitive Processing, 10 (Suppl 1), S101–109.
- Raymond, J., Sajid, I., Parkinson, L. A., & Gruzelier, J. H. (2005). Biofeedback and dance performance: A preliminary investigation. Applied Psychophysiology & Biofeedback, 30(1), 65–74.
- Thompson, M. & Thompson, L. (2003) The neurofeedback book: An Introduction to basic Concepts in Applied Psychophysiology, Wheat Ridge, CO: Association for Applied Psychophysiology.
- Thompson, T., Steffert, T., Ros, T., Leach, J., & Gruzelier, J. (2008). EEG applications for sport and performance. Methods, 45, 279–288.
- Vernon, D., Dempster, T., Bazanova, O., Rutterford, N., Pasqualini, M., Andersen, S. (2009). Alpha neurofeedback training for performance enhancement: Reviewing the methodology. Journal of Neurotherapy, 13(4), Pages 214–227.
- Vernon, D. J. (2005). Can neurofeedback training enhance performance? An evaluation of the evidence with implications for future research. Applied Psychophysiology & Biofeedback, 30(4), 347–364.